DATE: Sunday 23 July 2017
START TIME: 07h30
Thank you for your support! We have reached capacity and the race is sold out.
There will be no late entries at number collection and registration or on race day.
RACE ENTRY FEES: R90 for licenced runners / R140 for unlicenced runners (R50 temporary licence fee)
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE: Monday 17 July 2017 or when capacity has been reached.
NUMBER COLLECTION & RACE REGISTRATION: At the Race Marquee on the Sea Point Promenade, opposite the SABC building:
- Friday 21 July 2017 from 14h00 to 20h00
- Saturday 22 July 2017 from 10h00 to 17h00
- Sunday 23 July 2017 from 05h30 to 07h00
- The Half Marathon route starts on the Promenade in Sea Point opposite the SABC building.
- Runners proceed along the promenade in the direction of Camps Bay until Arthurs Road, where they turn into Beach Road and head back towards Cape Town.
- At Rocklands Road, they do a U-turn and head out along Beach Road towards Camps Bay.
The runners continue along Beach Road until the circle at the bottom of Queens Road, where they turn left, cross over Regent Street and up to Kloof Road
- At Kloof Road they will turn right and continue along this road.
- Kloof Road merges into Victoria Road after Camps Bay High School and runners continue along this road towards Hout Bay.
- The turnaround point is after the 11km mark in Victoria Road.
- The runners will continue along Victoria Road and turn left into Seacliff Road and proceed down into Beach Road, Sea Point.
- Once in Beach Road the runners will run along the Promenade towards the Finish.
Medals for all finishers!
- It is vital that you bring the printed online race acknowledgement or receipt, and proof of identity (e.g. ID document, passport, driver’s licence, etc.) to registration. You must collect your race entry card from the Registration Marquee, opposite the SABC building, Sea Point, Cape Town on Friday, 21 July 2017 from 14h00 to 20h00 & Saturday, 22 July from 10h00 to 17h00. If you are unable to collect your race entry card, a third party can collect on your behalf with a printed copy of the entry acknowledgement as well as a letter of authorisation from the entrant. This letter needs to state both the entrant and the person collecting the race entry card ID number as well as the signature of both parties. The person collecting the race entry card must have some form of identification. Temporary licence holders when registering must complete and hand in the torn off strip from the number in order to be covered by the ASA accident insurance.
- Cut-off time: The cut-off will be 3 hours 30 mins with the finish scheduled for 11h00.
- Eligibility to Participate: You must be 16 years old or older on the date of the race. In terms of WPA rules, you must be a member of a registered club, or purchase a temporary licence number to be able to participate. Registered club members should wear club colours. A valid 2017 licence must be worn, one on the front and one on the back of their running vest. NO race numbers will be issued. Runners issued with temporary license numbers must wear these on the front of their vests.
- Age Category Tags: To be eligible for age category prizes, runners must wear numerical age category tags on the front and back of their vest. Temporary licence participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior. Age tags will be available for sale at registration.
- Race Entry Card: Each runner will be issued with a RACE ENTRY CARD which must be filled in legibly and carried throughout the race, and handed in at the finish.