DATE: Saturday 22 July 2017
START TIME: 14h00
ONLINE ENTRIES OPEN: Thursday 1 June 2017
RACE ENTRY FEES: R200 for 5×5 Relay Team (Adults) / R150 for 5×5 Relay Team (Juniors) including timing
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE: Monday 17 July 2017
DOWNLOAD AN ENTRY FORM BELOW:
NUMBER COLLECTION & RACE REGISTRATION: At the Race Marquee on the Sea Point Promenade, opposite the SABC building.
- Friday 21 July from 14h00 to 20h00
- Saturday 22 July 2017 from 10h00 to 13h00
From the start the on the Sea Point Promenade, runners are treated to beautiful coastal views as they make their way towards the Sea Point Swimming Pool, then looping back towards the Lighthouse, where they turn to complete the loop at the Promenade.
This scenic 5km loop is completed a total of 5 times by 5 different team members to make up the 25km relay distance.
Please note due to construction happening on the Sea Point Promenade the 5km loop may change slightly on race day. Please follow marshals’ instructions on race day.
- The RELAY will start at 14h00 Saturday 22 July 2017. The cut off is at 18h00 at which time Prizes will be awarded.
- To qualify for team prizes, a team must consist of 5 registered members of the same club, company or school. Proof of this may be required before prizes are issued. Teams unable to comply with this rule may still participate, but will not be eligible for prizes. This allows teams to consist of anything from 1 to 5 persons! This includes persons running for more than one team. If a person runs for more than one team, then only the first team they run for shall be eligible for prize money.
- All participants in the Relay must be 12 years or older on race day, but younger children are allowed provided they are accompanied by an adult.
- Club/Company/School vest or outfit, with a visibly displayed Race Number which will be issued, must be worn while running, on the upper body.
- The RELAY NUMBER issued must be worn on the FRONT of the vest or top.
- Licensed club athletes to wear their 2017 license number on the BACK.
- Club juniors (born 1997 or later) wearing a junior or senior license, must display age tags (‘J’) to qualify for juniors age group prizes. Juniors must provide proof of age.
- Club junior teams competing for category prize money MUST consist of registered juniors and wear their age tags. 40-49 and 50+ Club teams competing for prize money must consist entirely of 40-49 or 50+ athletes and wear their age category tags. Open teams can consist of any runners of any age. Any mixed gender team will be classified as a male team for prize money purposes. Participants 50+ may compete in the 40-49 or OPEN categories. Juniors may also compete in the OPEN category.
- Companies and school teams eligible for prize monies, will be required to produce acceptable proof of work or student status, before being awarded their prize monies.
- No mobile seconding/pacing will be allowed and will result in the disqualification of the entire team.
- The team baton must be carried at all times.
- The baton and chip may ONLY be handed over in the DEMARCATED change over zone. Failure to do either will result in disqualification.
- REGISTRATION will consist of Team Manager or Captain MUST collect their numbers, batons and timing chip (which will be loaned to you) and final written instructions during Registration on Friday, 21 July from 14h00 to 20h00 & Saturday, 22 July from 10h00 to 13h00 in the Race Marquee. You must produce a print-out of your online entry, receipt for hand delivered entry, proof of payment, and details of all team members to register. At 13h30 an important Captains or Managers briefing will take place in the Marquee on the race day.
- An Electronic Timing system will do lap recording. The chief referee shall be the final arbiter in resolving any dispute.
- Final Team composition and order of runners MUST be submitted in writing at registration.
- The normal water and Coke will be provided at the mid-point of the loop and finish.
- Club, company or school Gazebos may be erected (at no cost) on the lawns around the Marquee in designated areas.
- No vehicle, caravans, gas equipment or open fire are permitted on the lawns. Alcohol consumption on the lawns is also forbidden. These offences are punishable in terms of City by-laws.
- General refreshments will be on sale for participants and supporters.
- No entry monies will be refunded, unless the organisers reject an entry.
- The organisers reserve the right to adjust or reclassify the category of team during registration or for final results. They may also extend the cut-off date for entries at their discretion.
- Medals will be awarded to all members of team completing the relay. Gold, Silver Bronze medals are awarded to all the different categories of teams that are eligible to compete for prize-money: Clubs, Corporates, High and Primary Schools.
- Managers or captains of teams are to collect their awards in the marquee at 18h00.