DATE: Saturday 22 July 2017
START TIME: 07h00
ONLINE ENTRIES OPEN: Monday 1 May 2017 (Open)
RACE ENTRY FEES: R250 for licenced runners / R310 for unlicenced runners (R60 temporary licence fee) / R120 for RaceTec chip (if you do not have one)
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE: Monday 17 July 2017
DOWNLOAD AN ENTRY FORM BELOW:
NUMBER COLLECTION AND RACE REGISTRATION: At the Race Marquee on the Sea Point Promenade, opposite the SABC building:
- Friday, 21 July 2017 from 14h00 to 20h00
LATE ENTRIES ARE ACCEPTED SUBJECT TO THE CONDITION THAT APPLICANTS WILL ONLY GET THEIR FINISHERS MEDAL 10 DAYS AFTER THE EVENT.
PLEASE NOTE: NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN ON THE MORNING OF THE RACE!
- Friday, 21 July 2017 from 14h00 to 20h00
- Saturday, 22 July 2017 from 05h30 to 07h00
From the start the on the Sea Point Promenade, runners are treated to beautiful coastal views as they make their way towards the Sea Point Swimming Pool, then looping back towards the Lighthouse, where they turn to complete the loop at the Promenade.
Unlike the 100km distance, runners of the 50km Mini Ultra will complete the loop a total of 10 times.
Please note due to construction happening on the Sea Point Promenade the 5km loop may change slightly on race day. Final route instructions will be given at the briefing session on Saturday morning 22 July 2017 at 06h30.
Medals for all finishers!
- The 100km and 50km ultras will start on Saturday 22 July 2017 at 07h00. The start is on the promenade at Sea Point, opposite SABC (next to the race Marquee) and finishes at the same venue at 22h00 (15 hour cut off). The Cape Town 100km and 50km are restricted to runners/walkers only. A mechanical aid of any nature will not be permitted.
- Racetec Timing Chip. Your Chip must be laced onto one of your running shoes for the duration of the race. NO CHIP, NO RESULTS, NO EXCEPTIONS! The time limit for the 100km /50km ultra is 15 hrs. You must retire at 22h00 where ever you are.
- All runners are required to attend the important briefing session on Saturday morning 22 July 2017 at 06h30 in the Marquee.
- It is vital that you bring the printed race acknowledgement or receipt and proof of identity (e.g. ID document, passport, driver’s licence, etc.) to registration. Minimum age to enter is 20 years old on race day. You must collect your Registration pack, Racetec Timing Chip (if ordered) and T-shirt (for those who qualify) prior to the race at the Registration Marquee, opposite the SABC building, Sea Point, Cape Town on Friday 21 July from 14h00 to 20h00 or Saturday from 05h30 – 07h00. If you are unable to collect your race pack, a third party can collect on your behalf with a printed copy of the entry acknowledgement as well as a letter of authorisation from the entrant. This letter needs to state both the entrant and the person collecting the race pack’s ID number as well as the signature of both parties. The person collecting the race pack must have some form of identification. Runners may not claim their registration pack, Racetec Timing chip, T-shirt after registration closes. These will not be forwarded and no refunds will be given.
- There will be 2 refreshment stations along the route. These will be stocked with Coke, water and Powerade. Additionally, tables with bananas, oranges and biscuits will also be provided. Soup and bread will also available in the marquee.
- The NO MOBILE SECONDING rule will be enforced very strictly. No mobile seconds of any description will be allowed on the route. The STAND AND HAND rule will apply. Any transgressions will lead to disqualification.
- ONE race number on the front of your registered Club colours and your 2017 licence number on the back must be worn throughout the race.
- In terms of IAAF rules no personal sponsors patches/markings are allowed on any competitors clothing or person.
- For safety reasons the use of personal music players with headphones is not allowed. Anyone using them in contravention of IAAF rule 144.3b may be disqualified and will not count for prize money.
- The official Prize Giving function for Prize Money winners will be held in the MARQUEE at 11h15 on SUNDAY 23 July 2017. Please be punctual.
- The only official lap scores and times will be recorded by Racetec. Efforts will be made to display a progressive/provisional set of results at regular intervals on the notice/ results boards in the marquee. A provisional set of results will be displayed on a notice board in the Marquee on Sunday 23 July 2017 at the Prize Giving Final and official results will only be available the following day.