DATE: Sunday 22 July 2018
START TIME: 07h30
RACE ENTRY FEES: R90
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE: When capacity has been reached.
NUMBER COLLECTION & RACE REGISTRATION: At the Race Marquee on the Sea Point Promenade, opposite the SABC building:
- Friday 20 July 2018 from 15h00 to 20h00
- Saturday 21 July 2018 from 10h00 to 17h00
- Sunday 22 July 2018 from 05h30 to 07h00
- The Half Marathon route starts on the Promenade in Sea Point opposite the SABC building.
- Runners proceed along the promenade in the direction of Camps Bay until Arthurs Road, where they turn into Beach Road and head back towards Cape Town.
- At Rocklands Road, they do a U-turn and head out along Beach Road towards Camps Bay.
The runners continue along Beach Road until the circle at the bottom of Queens Road, where they turn left, cross over Regent Street and up to Kloof Road
- At Kloof Road they will turn right and continue along this road.
- Kloof Road merges into Victoria Road after Camps Bay High School and runners continue along this road towards Hout Bay.
- The turnaround point is after the 11km mark in Victoria Road.
- The runners will continue along Victoria Road and turn left into Seacliff Road and proceed down into Beach Road, Sea Point.
- Once in Beach Road the runners will run along the Promenade towards the Finish.
Medals for all finishers!
THIS RACE IS RUN UNDER THE AUSPICES OF W.P.A. & ATHLETICS SOUTH AFRICA. THE ASA AND IAAF RULES WILL GOVERN THIS EVENT
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. Date of the Race: The race will be run on Sunday 22 July 2018 starting at 07h30 on the Promenade, Sea Point (opposite SABC) near the Registration Marquee.
2. Entries are limited to the first 1800 entries received online via Webtickets. Note: Payments can be made at Pick ‘n Pay after a runners entry has been made on Webtickets.
3. Acknowledgment of Entry: Online entrants will receive immediate entry confirmation, all EFT and Pick n Pay entrants will receive confirmation once entry and proof of payment is received by Webtickets.
4. Registration: It is vital that you bring the printed online race acknowledgement email and proof of identity (e.g. ID document, passport, driver’s licence) to registration. You must collect your race finishing card from the Registration Marquee, opposite the SABC building, Sea Point, Cape Town on Friday 20 July from 15:00 to 20:00 and Saturday from 10:00 to 17:00 or on race morning from 05:30 to 07:00. If you are unable to collect your entry, a third party can collect on your behalf with a printed copy of the entry acknowledgement as well as a letter of authorisation from the entrant. This letter needs to state both the entrant and the person collecting the race finishing card, ID number as well as the signature of both parties. The person collecting the race finishing card must have some form of identification. Temporary license holders must complete and hand in the torn off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete when registering.
5. Cut-off time: The cut-off will be 3 hours 30 mins with the finish scheduled at 11h00.
6. Eligibility to Participate: You must be 16 years old or older on the date of the race. In terms of WPA rules, you must be a member of a registered club, or purchase a temporary license number to be able to participate. Registered club members should wear club colours. All registered athletes must wear two valid licence numbers. Valid 2018 licenses must be worn, one on the front and one on the back of their running vest. Race numbers (bibs) will not be issued. Unregistered participants must purchase a Temporary Licence which must be worn on the front of the vest. Entry cards, must be in the athlete’s possession during the race and handed in at the results board at the Finish. Licenced athletes should wear club colours. Full club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes. Temporary licenced athletes must run in clothing without advertising.
7. Age Category Tags: To be eligible for age category prizes, runners must wear numerical age category tags on the front and back of their vest. Temporary license participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior. It is compulsory that all prize money participants display the appropriate age category tag.
8. Gazebo/tents on the Lawn rule: Ample space on the lawns near the main marquee is available for clubs and supporters to set up gazebos in demarcated areas.
9. REFRESHMENTS – will be on sale to supporters and the public. PARKING – NO Vehicles are allowed on the lawns at any time! Use public parking spaces in the surrounding area.
10. Medals: All finishers in the cut-off time will receive a MEDAL.
11. A TOG-BAG FACILITY will be available at the Marquee at own risk. No loose items will be accepted. Do not place any valuables in the tog bag. Organisers will exercise vigilance but will not be liable for any losses that may arise.
12. Advertising: In terms of IAAF rules no personal sponsor’s patches/marking are allowed on any competitors clothing or his/her person.
13. General: The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification. PARTICIPANTS MUST OBEY TRAFFIC OFFICERS, RACE OFFICIALS AND MARSHALS AT ALL TIMES. Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
Team Prizes: Club Team Prize based on total combined times. Club colours must be worn to qualify. Open Men and Women – 1st team of four 4 x R250
15. Prize giving: The Prize Giving will take place in the race Marquee at 11h30.
16. FLOATING TROPHIES for the overall men’s and women’s winner will be awarded.
17. Toilets: These will be located at the registration and finish area.
18. The Route: The Half Marathon route starts on the Promenade in Sea Point opposite the SABC building. Runners proceed along the promenade in the direction of Sea Point pool until Arthurs Road, where they turn into Beach Road and head back towards Cape Town. At Rocklands Road, they do a U-turn and head out along Beach Road towards Camps Bay. The runners continue along Beach Road until the circle at the bottom of Queens Road, where they turn left, crossover Regent Street and up to Kloof Road. At Kloof Road they will turn right and continue along this road. Kloof Road merges into Victoria Road after Camps Bay High School and runners continue along this road towards Hout Bay. The turnaround point is after the 11km mark in Victoria Road. The runners will continue along Victoria Road and turn left into Seacliff Road and proceed down into Beach Road, Sea Point. Just past the pool, the runners will turn left onto the Promenade and head towards the Finish.
19. Refreshments Station: Refreshment Stations will be located at regular intervals on the route and will provide a combination of water and Coke. This is an environmentally friendly event and no plastic sachets will be used. Athletes supporting this initiative are requested to bring their own non-disposable cups or bottles for refilling at stations. The stand and hand rule will apply. Kilometre boards will be placed at each km mark. No personal seconding will be permitted except at official refreshment stations.
20. Anti-Litter rule: Do not litter. Dispose responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the Finish. A large litterbin will be provided at each kilometre mark and additional ones
near refreshment stations. All athletes are required to use these. Disregarding this rule could result in your disqualification by race referees. Runners are urged to assist officials in the application of this rule in the race. Report offenders to the referees.
21. Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
22. No substitutions will be permitted.
23. Liability: the organisers and sponsors accept no responsibility for injury or accident resulting from participation in the race.
FURTHER EVENT ENQUIRIES